CONTRACT: hourly, non-exempt
- Must be punctual, possess attention to detail, and have a strong desire to exceed expectations
- High level of customer service, takes direction well, is proactive or takes initiative
- Proven experience as prep cook (2+ years in a previous kitchen role)
- Good skills with knives and kitchen equipment
- Creates consistent results when following recipes
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
- A team player with good communication skills
- Patient, with an ability to stay positive under pressure
- Very good physical condition and endurance
- High school diploma or equivalent is desirable; Training from a culinary school will be an asset
- Must possess troubleshooting skills and the ability to solve practical problems
- Maintain a professional, well groomed, personal appearance
- Physical ability to stand for an entire shift, and safely lift up to 50 pounds, reach, bend, twist, push, pull, squat, grasp and use arm-hand coordination on a consistent basis, stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift
- Current Food Handlers Permit, ServSafe Certification is a plus!
- Work with teammates to effectively execute event logistics from load-out to return: planning, preparing, packing, driving/delivering, venue setup, service and takedown, cleaning, re-stocking equipment and product, and completion of post-event cleanup.
- Following the prep list created by chefs to plan duties
- Measuring ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
- Labeling, stocking, and properly rotating all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible
- Effectively manage tight catering timelines with a positive, can-do, attitude
- Adapt quickly and confidently to sudden and unanticipated changes, shifting priorities and improvising on-the-fly as needed
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
- Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food etc.
- Prepare simple dishes such as salads, entrees etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
- 35+ hours (may vary more or less depending on number of planned events).
- Travels to events occasionally (on-call or by availability) as on-site chef.
- Due to the nature of our business, we seek cooks with flexible availability including evenings and weekends. Consistent hours are not always guaranteed
- Assist with projects, additional responsibilities, and ancillary duties as needed.
ABOUT IRON GATE CATERING:
We are committed to two things, great food and outstanding service! Our team is expected to stay abreast of current culinary trends and incorporate cutting edge food and ideas into what we offer our clients. We cater along the Wasatch Front, off and on premise, and sometimes even off-road in the beautiful Rocky Mountains. That means you will have the freedom to be creative, take risks, and truly shine. We are committed to our staff growing, trying new things, and learning all that they can. Our rapid growth and breadth of accounts translates into exciting opportunities for our people!
Email your resume to Eden@IronGateCatering.com